Vegan Rainbow Vegetable Chili is loaded with a plethora of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and amazing vitamins to keep your body nourished and healthy. It has every color of the rainbow in this dish including red, orange, yellow, green, purple, white, and black. I love to eat it over brown or white rice. The recipe makes a huge batch perfect for leftovers. And the flavors blend even better the following day.
Growing up, my mom would make this chili for us. It brings back tons of good memories enjoying the dish together, talking, and eating savory food.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green), chopped
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder (cayenne, oregano, garlic, salt)
- 4 Tablespoons cumin
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- One 14.5 ounce can black beans
- Heat oil. Mince the garlic using a garlic press and chop the onions. Start to cook.
- While these are cooking, chop the 3 colors of bell peppers and add to the pot.
- Now do the same with the cabbage.
- While the cabbage and all the other veggies are cooking, chop the carrots and add to the pot. Look how many colors are stirring around!
- Here comes the tofu. Dice it and put in the pot and stir briefly.
- Cut up the eggplant and place in the pot and mix.
- Last of the slicing. Go to town with the mushrooms and put them in.
- Add all the spices and vinegar and stir it in.
- Add the beans.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Serve over brown or white rice.
This is my favorite Garlic Press.
For more Vegan-Friendly recipes, check out:
Vegan Adzuki Beans and Rice Bowl
Vegan Veggie Pozole
Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers with Brown Rice and Mung Beans
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!