This Crockpot Vegan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Tikka Masala recipe, inspired by the original Indian dish, Chicken Tikka Masala, is completely plant-based and amazing. This dish is rich with flavorful spices and has deliciously sweet notes from the coconut milk. It’s made in the crockpot which results in minimal prep.
I love putting all the ingredients into the slow cooker, going about my day, and then having a hearty, warm meal waiting for me. My favorite way to eat it is with a side of jasmine rice or some toasted naan bread.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 28 oz canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute. Then add the tomato paste, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, and salt. Stir and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add mixture to the slow cooker and then add the chickpeas, sweet potato, and tomatoes. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. An hour before it’s done (3 hours on high or 7 hours on low), add the cauliflower and coconut milk.
- Pairs well over jasmine rice or with a side of toasted naan bread.
For more vegan recipes made in the Crockpot, check out:
*There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!