Celebrating our health and wellness, I made a delicious Edamame, Amaranth, and Chimichurri Nourish Bowl.
A Nourish Bowl is a perfectly well-balanced and complete meal in one dish. To be defined as a “Nourish Bowl,” the huge salad must contain the following:
- raw vegetables (spinach, carrots)
- dark-leafy greens (spinach)
- fiber-filled whole grain (amaranth),
- heart-healthy fat (olive oil)
- plant-based protein (edamame, amaranth)
- lots of colorful vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, red onion, red pepper, spinach, and carrots)
You will definitely enjoy the Edamame, Amaranth, and Chimichurri Nourish Bowl. It’s a bundle of love and nutrition in one. To your vitality, taste buds, and happiness!
- Chimichurri Dressing:
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup amaranth
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 Tablespoon loose vegetable bouillon
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups edamame
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 carrot
- Preheat the oven to 400° Bake.
- In a medium sized pot, bring the water and bouillon to a boil. Add the amaranth and cook for 20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- While the amaranth is cooking, puree the cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a food processor to make the chimichurri dressing. The dressing will be thick.
Slice the zucchini in rounds. Cut the red onion in slivers. De-seed the red pepper and slice into 12 big chunks. Chop the cauliflower into mini-sized trees. In a medium bowl, toss half of the cilantro puree with the zucchini, red onion, red pepper, and cauliflower.
Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray and add the tossed vegetables to the pan. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Chop the spinach. Grate the carrot. When the amaranth and roasted vegetables are done cooking, remove them from the stove top and oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked amaranth, roasted vegetables, edamame, spinach, and carrot with the remaining chimichurri dressing. Serve.
For another delicious bowl recipe, check out:
Vegan Adzuki Beans and Rice Bowl
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!