With summer approaching, a simple, quick-to-whip-up, nutritious dish is ideal. This Healthiest Rainbow Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe is a wonderful appetizer or light entree. The rolls will brighten up your day. They’re full of colorful veggies and lean protein to keep you satisfied and nourished. Have no fear of rolling them. It’s really easy and fun.
I like using this delicious store bought sweet chili sauce for extra dipping love.
- 10 medium cooked shrimp, or 15 small cooked shrimp
- 8 large rice paper wrappers
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small mango
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 Persian cucumber
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Cut the produce: Slice the carrot, mango, red bell pepper, and cucumber into very thin 4-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the Rice Paper: Dip one of the rice paper wrappers into the water and swirl it around until the entire surface is evenly moistened (20 to 40 seconds). The package will also have directions on how to soften. If the rice paper softens too much it can rip or tear, discard and start again with a fresh wrapper.
- Assemble the Rolls: Place the softened rice paper onto a wet cutting board to prevent sticking. First place 3 shrimp onto the paper. Then, place 4-5 slices of the carrot, red bell pepper, mango, and cucumber in a line about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the wrapper.
- Get Rolling: Fold the bottom part of the rice paper wrapper over the vegetables. Continue rolling everything toward the shrimp. Then, fold the left and right sides of the wrapper toward the center. Continue rolling until you reach the top and form a roll.
- Place the finished spring roll on the platter. Repeat for the remaining spring rolls.
- Serve immediately with a sweet chili sauce for dipping.
For more delicious Asian-inspired recipes, check out:
Tofu Summer Rolls
Homemade Vegetarian Sushi with Miso Soup and Edamame
Quick & Easy Turkey or Chicken Lettuce Cups
Kimchi Fried Rice
Sriracha Shrimp with Zoodles
Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!