For an incredibly savory, nourishing soup, this Coconut Curry Zoodle Ramen with 6-Minute Soft-Boiled Eggs is to live for. With optimal immune-supporting nutrients from the turmeric, ginger, garlic, and cumin, you’ll feel rejuvenated with every bite. The soft-boiled eggs not only have omega-3s and vitamin D for extra nutrient-rich support, they are also cooked to absolute perfection with a creamy yolk that enhances the richness of the ramen.
And, the final kicker is how many veggies are in this dish. You’ll enjoy a rainbow of color, flavor, and nutrients to boost your health and enrich your taste buds. This dish is True love.
*To quickly peel garlic, use a garlic peeler. It saves time and sticky fingers!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 Tbsp tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce (for gluten version)
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp red chili flake
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup brown mushrooms (3 mushrooms), sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 zucchinis, zoodled
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Make the 6-minute soft-boiled eggs. Bring water to a boil in a pot on the stove over high heat.
- Once boiling, put the 4 eggs into the pot using a slotted spoon so the eggs don’t drop and crack.
- Cook the eggs for 6 minutes. While the eggs are boiling, make an ice bath. In a medium bowl, add ice and water.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the boiling water and place in the ice bath.
- Let cool for 5 minutes to stop the eggs from cooking. While the eggs are cooling, make the ramen.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, whisk the sesame oil, yellow curry powder, tamari, turmeric, cumin, coriander, chili flake, garlic, and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, white and light green parts of green onion (reserve the dark green parts for garnish), mushrooms, bell pepper, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir slightly. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the ramen into 4 bowls.
- Carefully peel each egg. Slice each egg in half and put 2 halves into each ramen bowl.
- Garnish with the green onion tops, red cabbage, and cilantro.
For more low carb Asian-inspired recipes, check out:
Sriracha Shrimp with Zoodles
Quick & Easy Turkey or Chicken Asian-Inspired Lettuce Cups
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN