I’m thrilled to share this comprehensive Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies review with you all. And a delicious Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl Recipe straight from the instant pot itself. The authors of the book, Wendy Jo Peterson, MS, RDN, and Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT, CPT, are two of the most incredible dietitians I know who also have expert cooking skills. Elizabeth has cooked me and my son quite a few delicious meals in her home, master chef-style. Just like Elizabeth, Wendy Jo consistently makes my mouth water with her Instagram photos of all the fresh food she’s whipping up from scratch. When I heard they were making this new Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies, I wanted to be first in line to get my copy.
The cookbook starts off with the first five chapters providing brief overviews of everything you need to know about the Instant Pot and basic kitchen tools/food staples. You’ll be set up for Instant Pot success when referring to these chapters. Chapter 6 and 7 discuss the essentials of meal planning. There are even three different meal plans provided including family-friendly, vegan, and modified keto meal plans. Score!!! Chapter 7 is my fav because I don’t have to think about making a meal plan with all these recipes in the cookbook. It’s all laid out for me. Love it!
Chapters 8 through 19 contain all the fantastic dishes including breakfast, bowls, one-pot meals, soups, sides, beverages, sweets, and more. I was pleasantly surprised to see drinks in there. Who would have thought I can make a Warm White Russian and Mulled Wine in my Instant Pot?!?! Where have I been all this time?
The remaining chapters contain extra bonuses including modifying some of the meals for newborns and other keto-friendly options. This book ROCKS. Get your copy AND a personalized meal plan care of Elizabeth Shaw HERE.
You can also buy The Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies on Amazon directly.
Enjoy this mouthwatering dish from the book: Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl recipe.
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Press Sauté (High) on the Instant Pot and add the ground beef. When the beef begins to brown (about 3 minutes), add in the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. When finished, press Cancel.
- Stir in the sauce and select Pressure Cook (High) and Keep Warm (Off), adjust the timer to 5 minutes using the +/- button, and secure the lid. Ensure the vent is set to Sealing.
- When the cooking completes, press Cancel, remove the lid, stir, and portion into 4 bowls, served over ½ cup of brown rice. Garnish as desired with green onion, red pepper flakes, and Sriracha.
Make sure to get your copy today!
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
*If you need to buy an Instant Pot, here’s the one that I recommend.
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!
***I was not compensated in any way for this review or for my time. All thoughts and beliefs are my own.