Sheet pan dinners are fantastic for so many reasons. Everything can be cooked together, there is minimal cleanup, and the ingredient options are endless. This Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp, Chicken Sausage, Asparagus, and Fingerling Potatoes recipe is inspired by a traditional shrimp boil dish and features Old Bay seasoning that offers loads of flavor.
Together, shrimp and chicken sausage make the perfect pair. They are both incredibly delicious and will dance together in a beautiful union in your mouth. By swapping pork sausage for chicken sausage, you’ll cut out a lot of saturated fat. The fresh lemon juice adds a burst of citrusy flavor to enhance your taste buds’ delight. Some of the ingredients in this dish cook at different times, so be sure to leave room on the sheet pan as you add the different elements according to the directions below.
Pro-Tip: if you cannot find a Cajun-style chicken sausage, a plain chicken sausage will work too, and you can simply toss it in the Old Bay seasoning.
Pro-Tip: Cover the sheet pan with parchment paper for easy, quick clean-up.
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 package of Cajun-style chicken sausage (4 links), sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp garlic, peeled and minced
- 1½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, drizzle ½ Tbsp of olive oil over the fingerling potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir to coat. Arrange on ¼ of the sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes (until almost tender).
- While the potatoes are roasting in the oven, using the same bowl, coat the asparagus with ½ Tbsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the 20-25 minutes is done, remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the asparagus and sausage to two more ¼ sections of the sheet pan. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes, asparagus, and sausage are cooking in the oven, using the same large bowl, coat the shrimp with ½ Tbsp olive oil and the garlic.
- Once the 10 minutes is complete, remove the pan from the oven and add the shrimp to the remaining section. Season everything but the Cajun sausage with Old Bay seasoning and squeeze lemon over the shrimp and asparagus. Gently toss each section to coat.
- Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Plate and serve.
For more sheet pan recipes, check out:
Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken with Roasted Green Beans and Yellow Potatoes
Rosemary & Thyme Chicken and Veggie Dinner (Sheet Pan)
Easiest Sheet Pan Greek Style Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
Sesame Salmon and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Fajitas
Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Tempeh with Roasted Vegetables
Sheet Pan Honey-Balsamic Pork Loin with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
By: Carley Gill, Dietetic Intern
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!