This mouthwatering, simple one sheet pan meal will rock your health and your taste buds: Sesame Salmon Sheet Pan Dish. Salmon is a fabulous source of omega-3s, which are great for heart and brain health. Enjoying 8 to 12-ounces of fish weekly is recommended by the 2020 Dietary Guidelines, so this recipe will be an easy way to get in one 4-6 ounce serving of your weekly seafood goals. To make this sheet pan meal complete, we included a starchy and a non-starchy vegetable: Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts.
However, these vegetables can be swapped for anything you have on hand or whatever is in season. This Sesame Salmon Sheet Pan Dish will completely satiate and satisfy your nutritional needs – you have your protein, carbs, and heart-healthy fats all in one perfect recipe.
*BONUS: there’s minimal clean-up since you cover the baking sheet with parchment paper so you have no pans to scrub.
- Sesame Salmon
- 2 wild-caught salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces per fillet)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Pink salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cups Brussels sprouts, chopped in half
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Marinate the salmon in the olive oil, coconut aminos, sesame oil, pepper, and salt for 10 min.
- While the salmon is marinating, prepare the veggies. Add the Brussels sprouts and sweet potato to the tray then toss with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Lightly toss the vegetables and push to edges of pan, creating an open center. Place marinated salmon fillets in the open center space of pan. Pour any leftover marinade over salmon.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. When salmon and veggies are done roasting, remove from oven and enjoy.
For more amazing salmon recipes, check out:
Marinated Salmon in Soy Sauce with Sauteed Spinach
Oregon Summer Salad with Grilled Salmon
Perfectly Grilled Salmon with Soy Sauce and Lemon Marinade