Healthy Low Calorie Cauliflower Mash is a fantastic way to get in your veggies. And this 4-ingredient recipe is deliciously cheesy! You’ll feel like your eating mashed potatoes without all the carbs (here’s less than 6 grams of carbs per serving). And it’s packed with almost 10 grams of protein in each serving. Cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C & Vitamin K which have anti-inflammatory properties fantastic for disease prevention.
Enjoy Healthy Low Calorie Cauliflower Mash with any entree you would normally eat with mashed potatoes.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- ½ cup cottage cheese, 1% or fat free
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk, 1% or fat free
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower in big chunks and keep the stems on (but take off the green leaves).
- Boil the cauliflower in a big pot of boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes).
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Add in all the ingredients with the cauliflower back into the pot.
- Using a hand-held blender (this is the easiest to give a good puree & uses less dishes to wash), puree all the ingredients.
- Warm up for 2 minutes on medium-low heat & serve.
For more Cauliflower recipes, check out:
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
Mini Cauliflower Deep Dish Pesto and Mushroom Pizza (the gluten-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower)
North African Cauliflower Salad with Chermoula Sauce
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!