Mango Season is in Full Effect!
Mangos are abundant right now and seasonal produce means:
- Easy access – you’ll find mangos in most stores
- Very affordable – the time to buy is now
- Optimal nutritional value –best vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant content
- Super fresh – they are ready to eat
We include Mangos into our food routine by having them at either breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, or in a drink.
Mangos are packed with a Nutritional Punch:
- Over 20 different vitamins and minerals
- 1 serving = ¾ cup
- 1 serving provides 7% of your daily Fiber needs
- 1 serving provides 50% of your daily Vitamin C needs
- 1 serving provides 15% of your daily Folate and Copper needs
- This recipe provides 27% of your daily Vitamin C needs in just 1 serving of the marinade
Make this Fresh Mango Marinade for Chicken, Tofu, Fish, or Pork recipe to celebrate the delicious taste of Mango and take advantage of all the benefits they have to offer.
I chose to:
Grill the chicken.
Roast the tofu.
Sautee the fish.
Bake the pork.
You can cook the proteins any way your heart desires and it’s so savory and sweet when paired with the Fresh Mango Marinade – which is such a nice combination.
While the protein is cooking, heat the marinade to drizzle back onto the meat after it’s done cooking.
*Pro-Tip: I also use this marinade for roasting vegetables or even as a salad dressing.
It’s that tasty and you have options.
Get on the bandwagon and enjoy your Mango today – the time is right and they’re ready for your next feast.
Check out the video on How to make Fresh Mango Marinade for Chicken, Tofu, Fish, or Pork
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp red chili flake
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Cilantro, chopped
- Make the marinade. Combine the mango, olive oil, orange juice, ginger, garlic, red chili flake, and salt in a blender or food processor. Puree.
- In a glass Pyrex or gallon plastic bag, add the marinade with up to 2 pounds of chicken, tofu, fish, or pork.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- When ready to cook, remove the protein from the marinade and set the marinade aside. Cook the protein accordingly in an oven, stove top, or grill.
- While the protein is cooking, put the marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Add in ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the cooked protein and garnish with cilantro.
- *Pro-Tip: This marinade is very versatile and can also be used as a salad dressing or for roasting vegetables. The entire marinade makes about 1½ cups.
For more mouthwatering Mango Entree recipes, check out:
- Brazilian Mango Chimichurri Steak
- Ayesha Curry’s Honey Shrimp and Mango Stir-Fry
- Mango.org – a great resource for more recipes and information.
Also check out my other Mango Recipe posts:
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
*I partnered with National Mango Board because I’m such a fan of Mango and am excited to share with everyone how I include mango in my daily meals and food routine.