Grilling season is here and we’re getting ready for the 4th of July.
What’s on my menu?
Grilled Mango, of course!
Grilling Mango is so easy – take a look at the video below to see how fast you can grill this sweet fruit. Once grilled, the mango is perfectly caramelized making it extra delicious to add to your dish.
I’m making a Grilled Mango and Burrata Salad with Pistachios for this holiday grilling weekend.
The sweet mango pairs so nicely with the creamy burrata and the crunch from the pistachios gives the salad such a fantastic texture. You will also get your greens in by adding some arugula and fresh mint. The tanginess from the balsamic glaze pairs so incredibly well with the sweet mango and delicate burrata. This is a hearty, well-balanced salad perfect as a side, appetizer, or first course.
Just check out the colors – yellow, green, white – it’s so beautiful, too.
Your guests, family, and friends will be wowed.
My Favorite Nutrients in Mango:
- In just 1 serving (¾ cup), this Superfruit gives you:
- 7% of your daily Fiber needs
- 50% of your daily Vitamin C needs
- 8% of your daily Vitamin A needs
- 15% of your daily Copper & Folate needs
***This Grilled Mango and Burrata Salad with Pistachios recipe provides:
- 72% of your daily Vitamin C needs
- 6% of your daily Iron needs
- 326 mg of Potassium (9% of your daily needs)
Mango is so versatile and easy to prepare.
Simply peel it or slice off the skin – here’s a video to show you how fast you can easily cut it.
Once it’s cut, Cook/Prep Mango:
- Grill (like I did for this recipe)
- Eat it Fresh
- Puree or Blend
Add Mango to:
- Any dish you can seriously think of
- Grain bowls
- Yogurt bowls
- Chia pudding (teaser alert: recipe to come soon)
- Salsas (check out this recipe: Grilled Avocado Stuffed with Grilled Mango Salsa)
- Marinades (teaser alert: recipe to come soon)
- Smoothies (teaser alert: recipe to come soon)
- This list can go on and on – but you get my drift. You can do so much with Mango.
I literally just named every meal/snack option there is because that’s how versatile mango is to include in one’s daily routine.
People ask me what my go-to fruit is and it’s Mango because of the nutritional benefits, versatility, and fabulous flavor – it tastes so good alone and with so many other foods!
Let me know how you enjoy this mouthwatering Grilled Mango and Burrata Salad with Pistachios.
It’s a crisp, savory, sweet, dreamy salad.
Check out the video on How to Make the Grilled Mango and Burrata Salad with Pistachios.
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced in big slices for easier grilling
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze + extra for drizzling
- 4 ounces burrata, sliced
- 4 Tbsp mint, chopped
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill or grill pan. After the mango is peeled, slice it as close to the pit as possible on the 2 main sides. Slice the other sides to get as much of the fruit. The bigger the slices, the easier it is for grilling.
- Over medium heat on the grill, place the cut-sides down and grill until charred for about 3 minutes. Flip it and grill the other side for 3 more minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss the arugula, olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt, and pepper together. Mix.
- Dice the mango into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the mango, burrata, mint, and pistachios over the arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- *Pro-Tip: If you don’t have a grill, this salad tastes just as amazing with fresh, uncooked mango! You can enjoy it either way.
For more amazing Grilled Mango recipes, check out:
- Open Fire Grilled Pork & Mango Churrasco Style Skewers
- Grilled Mango with Balsamic Caramel and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mango.org – a great resource for more recipes and information.
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
*I partnered with National Mango Board because I’m such a fan of Mango and am excited to share with everyone how I include mango in my daily meals and food routine.