Grilling veggies brings out so much flavor and romaine lettuce is no exception. The first time I had a grilled salad was on a camping trip and it elevated the salad to a whole new level of gourmet cooking. Not only is grilling veggies amazingly easy, it’s quick, too. The anchovy vinaigrette is similar to a Caesar salad dressing without the Parmesan cheese. Since I love cheese, I used a blue cheese crumble sprinkled over the grilled lettuce for some extra pop and pizzazz. Enjoy this deliciously quick recipe and wow your family and friends.
*Watch the video for a quick demonstration on how to make Grilled Romaine Lettuce With Anchovy Vinaigrette And Blue Cheese.
*You can also use a hand held blender to mix the dressing.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise, washed and dried
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 3 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp capers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp hot sauce (I used Crystal)
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Make the dressing. Add all the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the lettuce and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the lettuce on the grill and cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip the lettuce and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Put the lettuce on a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the blue cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- *You will have extra dressing for another salad.
Get more grilling recipes, check out:
Oregon Summer Salad with Grilled Salmon
Cilantro-Lime Marinated Grilled Pineapple Shrimp
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Grilled Avocado Stuffed with Grilled Mango Salsa
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wrap
Grilled Pevre Fish Tacos
Get the best grilling tips & marinades:
Best Fruit & Vegetable Grilling Tips
Best Grilling Tips and Tastiest Marinades
Perfectly Grilled Salmon with Soy Sauce and Lemon Marinade
Perfectly Grilled Steak and Lamb
10 Best Memorial Day Backyard Barbecue Grilling Recipes
By: Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!