Grilled Pevre Fish Tacos are absolutely fabulous and easy to make. My dear friend, Mark Almanza, originally introduced me to Pevre salsa. He made it when he was in Chile. Pevre is a mild pureed Chilean salsa that can be made in a food processor or blender. You can add it to just about anything that you would normally eat with salsa (which is a lot of stuff).
I’m also a huge fan of grilled fish and this recipe can either grill the fish on the grill or stove-top. I’ve even used a Panini Grill before.
I love eating my fish tacos with a red cabbage and carrot slaw. The green colors from the Pevre salsa pop with the purple/red color from the cabbage and the orange from the carrot. The dish looks exquisite.
Make the Pevre salsa and salad dressing ahead for a super easy cooking experience with the tacos and dinner can be ready in minutes.
- Pevre Salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, ripped
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Taco Ingredients:
- 1 pound Tilapia or other type of white fish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- Place all pevre sauce ingredients into a food processor and puree into a thin sauce.
- Salt & pepper fish on each side.
- Place fish on a grill and cook on one side for about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for about 3 minutes.
- *If using a stove, spray a pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, put the fish in the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Fish is done once there is no pink in the middle.
- While fish is cooking, heat small pan and heat tortillas without any cooking spray, about 25 seconds on each side. (If you have a gas stove, I just place my corn tortillas directly over the flame and burner). You can also heat the tortillas on a grill.
- Place about 2 ounces of fish on each tortilla with 2 Tablespoons of pevre sauce.
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!