Cilantro-Lime Marinated Grilled Pineapple Shrimp is easy to make, delicious, and super fresh.
I like to marinate the shrimp for about 2 hours. I also like using fresh pineapple when available.
However, canned also works, too. Buying the shrimp already deveined can save time.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of the cilantro, lime, and pineapple. Deelish!
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined with no tails
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (from 2 limes; use the pulp, too)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (I used a fresh pineapple and chopped it into cubes)
- 12 skewers
- Extra lime wedges and chopped cilantro (optional)
- Make the marinade by combining the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry. In a shallow glass dish or large Ziploc bag, combine the shrimp and marinade.
- Refrigerate and marinade for 30 minutes to 3 hours. Remove from fridge.
- Start to skewer the shrimp with the pineapple.
Over a hot grill, grill the skewers for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with extra lime wedges.
Get more grilling recipes:
Grilled Romaine Lettuce with Anchovy Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese Dressing
Oregon Summer Salad with Grilled Salmon
Grilled Mexican Street Corn
Grilled Avocado Stuffed with Grilled Mango Salsa
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wrap
Grilled Pevre Fish Tacos
Get the best grilling tips & marinades:
Best Fruit & Vegetable Grilling Tips
Best Grilling Tips and Tastiest Marinades
Perfectly Grilled Salmon with Soy Sauce and Lemon Marinade
Perfectly Grilled Steak and Lamb
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN