Grilling season is on! Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers are fantastic for bar-b-cues OR making at home on your Panini maker or George Foreman grill. Simply marinate the mushrooms first so they soak up all the delicious juices. When you cook the Portobello mushrooms, they’ll be moist and scrumptious.
Portobello mushrooms have many health benefits including as much potassium as a medium banana. And they’re full of immune-supporting antioxidants such as beta-glucans.
I LOVE eating my Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with a side salad with carrot-ginger dressing. The green from the lettuce and the orange from the carrot are eye-catching and tasty.
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ Tbsp dried basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 slices Jarslberg Lite cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- Mixed greens
- 4 Sandwich thins
- Get grill warmed up or turn on George Foreman grill or Panini maker. Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Marinate mushrooms for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place mushrooms onto grill or other appliance, allowing to cook about 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Once mushrooms are done grilling, place onto the sandwich thin (I like mine toasted) and top with whatever toppings you’d like!
For Portobello Mushroom recipes, enjoy:
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wrap
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!