This Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wrap is easy to make and delicious. Mushrooms are packed with immune-supporting nutrients such as Vitamin D and Ergothioneine (an antioxidant). They’re hearty and “meaty” so you have that savory feel when enjoying this wrap.
Adding in the marinated roasted red peppers gives extra flavor, color, and nutrients, too. The Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wraps can be used as easy-to-eat, finger-food appetizers at a party by just cutting the wraps into slices for people to munch on. Versatile and Tasty.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Flour Tortillas (I prefer to use La Tortilla Factory Carb-cutting tortillas)
- 4 slices romaine lettuce
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- Slice mushrooms into strips.
- Place mushrooms, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and basil into a bag and marinate in fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Turn on grilling appliance (George Foreman or Panini Grill).
- Remove liquid from mushrooms and grill mushrooms for about 6 minutes or until semi-soft.
- Heat medium sized pan to medium-high heat, and warm tortillas about 25 seconds on each side.
- Place pepper, mushroom, and lettuce in wrap and enjoy.
For more mushroom recipes, enjoy:
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
Savory Kale and Mushroom Crepes
Mini Cauliflower and Deep Dish Pesto & Mushroom Pizzas
Wild Mushroom & Artichoke Stuffing
This is my favorite Panini Grill by Breville.
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!