Pulled Turkey Sandwiches with Cabbage and Carrot Slaw
Author: Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Sandwiches, Salads
- 1 lb leftover turkey
- ¾ cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 3 Tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 sandwich thins (or bun of choice)
- Using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, shred the turkey with a fork.
- Over low heat, warm the turkey with the barbecue sauce in a pot for about 5 minutes.
- While the turkey is soaking up all the barbecue flavors, cut the cabbage in half, core it, shred it, and put in a large bowl.
- Grate the carrot. Chop the parsley. Add the carrot, parsley, vinegar, oil, and salt to the bowl. Toss. Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Top each sandwich with 4 oz of turkey. You can add the cabbage slaw to the sandwich and/or eat it on the side.
Serving size: 4 oz turkey, 1 cup cabbage slaw, 1 bun Calories: 407.1 Fat: 7.2 Saturated fat: 1.4 Carbohydrates: 46.0 Sugar: 19.4 Fiber: 6.0 Protein: 39.0 Cholesterol: 94.6