Tired of spending so much money on egg bites when you go to a cafe? Try these Instant Pot Spinach and Red Pepper Egg Bites for a flavorful and protein-filled breakfast or snack. The Instant Pot allows for a quick and easy cooking experience. These can also be prepped on the weekend and enjoyed throughout the week.
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- 3 Tbsp red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- Add 1 cup of water to an Instant Pot and place the trivet inside. Lightly coat a silicone egg bite mold with cooking spray.
- Blend together eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Add spinach, red pepper, and green onions to egg mixture, and mix to combine. Evenly divide mixture among prepared cups.
- Tightly cover silicone mold with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. Carefully lower the mold into Instant Pot onto the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and seal the vent. Set the Steam setting for 10 minutes. Once Instant Pot is warmed up, the timer will begin to count down.
- When time is up, release pressure and keep the lid on for an additional 10 minutes. Transfer mold from Instant Pot to a wire cooling rack. Let cool in the mold about 3 minutes before serving.
For more Instant Pot recipes check out:
Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl
Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken with Roasted Vegetables & Couscous
Instant Pot Teriyaki and Pineapple Meatballs
Alexandra Horn, Dietetic Intern
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!