Looking for a recipe that basically cooks itself? This Healthiest Slow Cooker White Bean Vegetable Chicken Chili is a great recipe to throw in the crockpot while providing you time to do other things.
If you’re in a rush, here is your new favorite, go-to recipe. This meal is high in protein and has complex, fiber-rich carbs which will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Healthy food doesn’t need to be difficult. All it takes is 15 minutes of prep and you’re good to go.
*Need a crockpot or slow cooker? Here’s my fav: Crock-Pot 6-Quart Stainless Steel
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 (4-oz.) cans green chiles
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Avocado, deseeded and sliced (optional)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Add chicken broth, beans, chicken breast (put in whole breasts), green chiles, onion, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, and cumin to the bowl of your slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and cook on high for 2 hours, until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from chili and shred.
- Gently mash about ⅓ of the chili before returning the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Stir in shredded chicken, green bell pepper, and carrots and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and leave the slow cooker on warm for about 15 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with jalapeño, cilantro, avocado, and/or cheddar cheese.
For more crockpot recipes check out:
Crock Pot Chili Verde Pork
Crockpot Marinated Chicken with Beets and Brussels Sprouts
Crockpot Garbanzo Bean & Vegetable Curry Stew
Healthy and Easy Crockpot Lentil Soup
Crockpot African Peanut Potato Stew
Crockpot Vegan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower Tikka Masala
Hearty Crockpot Mung Bean Soup with Vegetables (Vegan)
Classic Crockpot Beef Stew
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!
By: Alexandra Horn, Dietetic Intern