Have you ever watched the art of crepe-making at a restaurant or food stand and become completely mesmerized? I know I have. A wooden spool is used to spread the crepe batter in a circular motion, which forms a delightful paper thin pancake. This clearly takes some practice (and some special equipment), but crepes can be made at home with a good non-stick pan and some pan-tilting skills. Get your crepe fix with this Savory Kale and Mushroom Crepe.
- Ingredients for Crepe:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk of your choice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Olive oil spray
- For Filling:
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups dino kale, chopped
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of Mozzarella cheese
- In a blender, add buckwheat flour, all purpose flour, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, water, and salt. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray a small frying pan with olive oil spray. Sauté together kale and mushrooms, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Pour ½ a cup of batter in the middle of the pan to make one crepe. Lift the pan off the stove, tilt, and spread the batter around the pan as thin as it will go. Cook for 1 minute or until top is cooked through.
In the center of the crepe, add ½ a slice of cheese. Next add 3 Tablespoons of the filling into a line across the middle of the crepe.
Fold the outer edges over the filling. Transfer carefully to a plate and serve warm.
For more amazing mushroom recipes, check out:
Mini Cauliflower Deep Dish Pesto and Mushroom Pizzas
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Wrap
Wild Mushroom & Artichoke Stuffing