I am sooo excited to introduce my latest book: 25 Anti-Aging Smoothies for Revitalizing, Glowing Skin.
I love the topic of this book because I’m always looking for ways to reduce that little wrinkle on my forehead or the small crow’s foot that’s cracking at the corner of my eye. This book also has special meaning because it is my first solo book. I have written books before with other dietitians and we’ve had a lot of fun. 25 Anti-Aging Smoothies for Revitalizing, Glowing Skin, is a topic I’ve been wanting to share with people for a while to show how effective food can be for changing our aging process and rejuvenating our skin health.
Every smoothie recipe has less than 300 calories per smoothie. Each one is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, and contains protein to keep your skin radiant and vibrant. In addition, each smoothie provides you with 4 key-components for a perfectly well-balanced mix of:
- 1-2 servings of fruit to keep the natural sugar low
- heart-healthy fats to help the absorption of our fat-soluble vitamins
- high-sources of fiber to aid in digestion and keep you nourished
- a good source of protein to provide you with a complete meal in one drink
In addition, various tips are given throughout the book on how to modify the smoothies based on your dietary preferences. If you want to include yogurt or dairy, there are options.
The smoothies are separated into five different anti-aging categories including:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Each category demonstrates foods which contain these properties and every smoothie is loaded with the anti-aging ingredients.
Whether your goal is to improve your skin, optimize your health, or stay nourished and satiated, 25 Anti-Aging Smoothies for Revitalizing, Glowing Skin, is a delicious way to maintain a youthful lifestyle while enjoying a plethora of health benefits.
Here’s a taste of one of the many recipes in the book.
- 5 dates (pitted) (Polyphenols)
- 4 halves walnuts (Omega-3)
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder (Polyphenols)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (Vitamin E)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- *Get even more protein by adding 1 scoop of your favorite non-flavored protein powder.
- Put everything in a blender. Blend and pour.
For a few more anti-aging smoothies, check out 5 Anti-Aging Smoothies to Make Your Skin Look Younger.
Thank you for all your support throughout the years. Enjoy the tasty book!
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN