30 Minute Meals, American, Autumn, Cooking Methods, Course, Cuisine, Dinner, Gluten-Free, Health and Diet, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar, Meals, One-Pot Meals, Recipes, Season, Side Dish, Spring, Stovetop, Summer, Type of Dish, Vegetarian, Winter
Talk about a great way to get your veggies in. Also, cauliflower looks and tastes similar to mashed potatoes. This is a fantastic recipe for using cauliflower and getting some protein in, too, from the cottage cheese. Cauliflower is very beneficial from its Vitamin C & Vitamin K which have anti-inflammatory properties great for disease prevention.
Author: Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Vegetable Side Dish
- 1 head Cauliflower
- ½ cup cottage cheese, 1% or fat free
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk, 1% or fat free
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower in big chunks and keep the stems on (but take off the green leaves).
- Boil the cauliflower in a big pot of boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes).
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Add in all the ingredients with the cauliflower back into the pot.
- Using a hand-held blender (this is the easiest to give a good puree), puree all the ingredients.
- Warm up for 2 minutes on medium-low heat & serve. Yum! Yum! Yum! We ate this with some grilled fish & roasted sweet potatoes.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 90 Fat: 3.6 Saturated fat: 2.0 Carbohydrates: 5.7 Sugar: 3.6 Sodium: 288 Fiber: 2.1 Protein: 9.6 Cholesterol: 10.2
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.