If you are going to a St. Patty’s Day party and don’t know what to bring, look no further than these St. Patrick’s Day Matcha Cookies. Not only are they easy to make, they have a natural green tint to them perfect to get you in the shamrock spirit. Matcha is a green powder from green tea leaves. It is high in antioxidants, improves brain function, provides calm clarity, and promotes heart health. Learn more about Matcha, its many benefits, and other recipes here.
Superstar by MIJA has matcha, too, for a tasty drink to accommodate the cookies.
Watch the video on how to make these amazing St. Patrick’s Day Matcha Cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lemon zest
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Matcha
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups vanilla almond bark
- Melt butter in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat eggs into this mixture one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and lemon zest. This is the wet ingredients bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients including flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a spoon, slowly combine both dry and wet mixes together until green dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with Saran wrap. Let dough rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 350° F while dough rests.
- Place dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets using a 3 Tbsp cookie scoop. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use a spoon to scoop the dough and roll the cookie into a ball using your hands. Separate cookies 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After cookies are completely cooled, melt 2 cups of almond bark in a bowl in the microwave starting at 1 minute at 50% power. Stir afterwards and continue this process until chocolate can easily drizzle with a spoon.
- Dip half of the cookie into the white chocolate. Then place it back on the wire rack to cool. Serve.
For more delicious dessert recipes, check out:
Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Ice Cream Cake
Berry Crumble in Ramekins
You Make My Heart Beat Brownies
Best Moist Baked Apple Cake
Festive Red White Blue Bark Chocolate Recipe
By Shaylei Brutger, Dietetic Intern