Frittata’s are fantastic recipes to make for parties. You can make them ahead of time and just warm them up the day of the event. In addition, they can be served as an appetizer or entree. This Spinach, Red Pepper, & Cheese Frittata is protein and antioxidant-rich with incredible nutrients such as lutein, vitamin C, and iron.
- 12 eggs
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp non fat milk
- 6 oz cheese, grated (use a semi- to medium-hard cheese like Swiss, Gouda, or Cheddar. I used Gouda)
- Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grate the cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs & milk.
- Chop the red peppers, green onions, and spinach.
- Spray a large skillet (that can also go in the oven) with cooking spray and sauté the chopped red peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture to the skillet and top with the green onions and the cheese. Over medium heat, let the frittata cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, you can use your spatula to scrape the edges of the skillet and slowly lift the sides of the frittata as it’s forming.
- Transfer the frittata to the oven and let it cook for 10 more minutes. It will be golden brown coloring.
- Remove from the oven and the skillet. On a cutting board, slice into 12 slices like a pizza. ***You can make the entire frittata the day before and simply warm it up in the oven the next day for your meal.
For more delicious egg recipes, check out:
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!