Slow Cooker Mustard Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Butternut Squash is a super simple crock pot recipe. I marinated the chicken overnight in a plastic bag and then just threw all the ingredients into the crock pot the next morning. The chicken was very moist and scrumptious. Butternut squash has Vitamin A and carotenoids which are amazing for your skin and eyes! I ate this with a side salad. Fantastic! This recipe was taken from a highly recommended cookbook: The Low-GI Slow Cooker: Delicious & Easy Dishes Made Healthy with the Glycemic Index by Dr. Mariza Snyder, Dr. Lauren Clum, and Anna V. Zulaica. You’ll fall in love with these recipes. They’re so delish.
- 1 tsp Stoneground Mustard
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp chopped fresh Thyme (I used dried)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, fat trimmed
- ½ pound Butternut Squash, peeled, halved, and seeded
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and add the mustard mixture, working the marinade into the chicken with your fingers on the outside of the sealed bag.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
- With a mandolin or knife, cut the butternut squash into paper-thin slices, less than ¼ inch thick. (I did this the night before, too, when I marinated the chicken so that in the morning, I just had to put the squash into the slow cooker).
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the squash slices.
- Pour the chicken and marinade on top of the squash.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-1 ½ hours, or until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drizzle the chicken and squash with sauce from the slow cooker when serving.
For another incredible recipe from the cookbook, check out:
Slow Cooker Braised Beef Shortribs
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!