I love easy-to-prep recipes that are healthy, tasty, and full of vegetables. This Roasted Vegetables with Savory Granola recipe is one of those. It has all the colors of the rainbow to give you a perfect blend of antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. From the fiber and folate-packed red beets to the vitamin B6 and vitamin C-rich turnips, this mixture of vegetables will make your heart and health sing with glee.
And to jazz it up with some delicious crunch and extra fiber and protein, I included a savory granola provided by Nana Joes that is gluten-free.
The recipe is so easy to make. You can chop the vegetables in bigger chunks, toss them in the sauce/spices, and throw in the oven. I enjoy eating it with roasted chicken or grilled salmon or steak.
The Roasted Vegetables with Savory Granola makes a big batch so you can use this veggie side dish at multiple meals. Buen provecho!
* I love using my Misto filled with my own extra virgin olive oil to spray the veggies.
- 1 pound beets (about 3)
- 3 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 2 zucchinis
- ½ red onion
- Olive oil spray (I use a Misto filled with extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup Nana Joes Savory Blend: Almonds, Pecans & Cashews granola
- Preheat the oven to 450° Bake.
- Wash, scrub, and peel the beets, carrots, and turnip.
- Slice the beets in 2-inch cubes.
- Slice the carrots in rounds.
- Slice the turnip in rounds and cut in half.
- Wash the zucchini and leek. Slice the zucchini in rounds and slice in half.
- Slice the leek into rounds.
- Peel and chop the red onion into quarters.
- Put all the vegetables in a bowl. Spray the vegetables with the olive oil spray and toss with the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Wash parsley and chop. Add the chopped parsley and granola to the vegetables and toss again.
- Spray a roasting pan with the olive oil spray. Place the vegetable mixture on the roasting pan. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
For more incredible roasted vegetables recipes, check out:
Classic Roasted Vegetables
Oven Roasted Asparagus and Squash
Coconut Oil Caramelized Roasted Brussels Sprouts
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!
***I did receive free product for this post. All thoughts and beliefs are my own.
Sarah, Thank you for posting this recipe and giving me a varied idea to eat vegetables contained with needed nutrients. I shall try it soon. Thank you. Susan
Awesome! Anytime. It’s so nice to have easy, go to recipes for veggies.