Potato Hash with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto is a fantastic garlicky and tangy side dish. It is flavorful and filling. Potatoes are a good source of potassium which is great for heart health and energy. This recipe is inspired by my boss and I created this dish because I was in love with the pesto from her recipe.
The pesto contains basil, a powerhouse herb, full of flavor and many health benefits. The sun dried tomatoes give the dish more complexity and tang. Add the pesto to any pasta dish, use as a dressing on a chickpea salad, use as a spread on a sandwich, or top over poultry.
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 cups sun dried tomato, soaked and rinsed
- ½ cup basil
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, diced
- ½ onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a blender, add all of the pesto ingredients minus the water. Blend and add in the water slowly to get the right consistency.
- In a pan, on medium high heat, heat the olive oil and add the chopped onions. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Lower to medium heat and stir frequently to prevent the potatoes from burning. After 7 to 10 minutes, the potatoes should soften.
- Add the bell peppers and ¼ cup of the sundried tomato pesto. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.