When it comes to a well-balanced meal, it doesn’t have to be complicated. Enjoy this Sweet Potato and Turkey Meatball Hash for any meal of the day. This hearty hash is bursting with antioxidants from the sweet potatoes, bell peppers, parsley, and red onions. Each of the different colors in this meal provides specific nutrients that can help your body function at its best.
*I love using this Kyocera Ceramic Knife to easily dice the sweet potato, red bell pepper, red onion, and parsley. It stays sharp and never needs sharpening.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 sweet potato, large, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 8 turkey meatballs, frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings (optional):
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Hot sauce
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add sweet potato to the pan, saute for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, defrost the turkey meatballs, according to package directions. Once defrosted, quarter the meatballs.
- Lightly spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell peppers, onions, meatballs to the potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes or until bell peppers and onions are tender. Optionally, top with parsley and/or hot sauce.
For more quick and easy meals, check out:
Quick and Easy Turkey Chicken Asian Inspired Lettuce Cups
Quick and Easy Breakfast Tacos with Eggs
Quick and Easy Pork Tacos with a Cucumber Salad
Quick and Easy Herb Lemon Sauce
Recipe by: Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
Photos and Video by: Alison Hoffman, BS, Dietetic Student
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!