These are some really fun Halloween Snacks: Jack-O-Lantern Pita and Date Bugs.
- 2 Pita breads
- ¼ cup Hummus
- ½ small carrot
- ½ small bell pepper
- 4 Mushrooms slices (sub tomatoes or olives)
- Warm up pita breads in the oven or microwave.
- Add 2 Tbsp of hummus onto each of them in vertical lines which will act as the pumpkin stripes.
- Make the eyes by using sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, or olives.
- Cut bell pepper in half. Use bottom half to make the lips (refer to the photo).
- Chop the carrot for the noses and for the tops of the lanterns.
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 rosemary, sprigs
- 2 tsp tahini (sub nut butter)
- Jam (optional)
- Dark chocolate drizzle (optional)
- Pinch of Sea salt (optional)
- Remove the pits of the dates.
- Add a ½ tsp of tahini or nut butter of choice. Feel free to add additional toppings.
- Then, add the bug antennas using rosemary. Enjoy these simple treats.
For more festive & fun Halloween Recipes, check out:
3 Spooky Halloween Apple Recipes
Spooky Halloween Meal Ideas (including Spooky Spaghetti & Spooky Pizza)
5 Fun Halloween Treats
5 Fun and Easy Halloween Treats Using String Cheese
Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Cups and Spooky Spider Halloween Recipe