Valentine’s Day is a day full of love and intimacy. It is also a day where restaurants are packed with people and long wait times. This Aphrodisiac Honey-Balsamic Marinated Steaks with Raspberry Pomegranate Sauce is a must-have, go-to sexy recipe you will want to make for your loved one on that special night. This recipe combines aphrodisiac foods that will titillate your date for an extra sweet dessert after dinner…if you know what I mean.
We know that fruits and vegetables are beneficial for overall health and well-being, however certain fruits and vegetables can have a positive role in our sexual health too! Incorporating foods that are considered aphrodisiacs can support healthy blood flow and balance hormones, helping to awaken your libido. This recipe contains aphrodisiacs such as raspberries, asparagus, and pomegranate, which can trigger arousal and make you feel extra playful. Pair this recipe with other aphrodisiacs, such as a glass of red wine or chocolate covered strawberries, to make it a Valentine’s Day you won’t forget.
Watch the video on how to make Aphrodisiac Honey-Balsamic Marinated Steaks with Raspberry Pomegranate Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 New York Strip Steaks (or cut of your choosing) (4 ounces per steak)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Prep the steaks. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
- Using a fork, prick both sides of the steaks, then pour the marinade over the top, flipping the steaks to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Cover the steaks and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking. Let the excess marinade drip off the steaks and save it in a small bowl to be added to the sauce.
- While steaks are resting, preheat the oven to 425°F. Wash the asparagus and snap off the ends. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the asparagus to evenly coat. Arrange it in a single layer. Bake for 9-12 minutes in the oven.
- Place a pan on high heat on the stove. Add steaks to the pan and sear on each side for 30 seconds.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the butter. Cook the steaks for 1 minute on each side.
- (For this recipe we used thin steaks, however, if you are using thicker steaks, cooking times will vary).
- Remove steaks from the pan and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, prepare the sauce. Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, combine raspberries, rosemary, and the remaining marinade saved from earlier. Stir for 2-3 minutes, mashing raspberries as you stir.
- Add the pomegranate arils. Stir for 1 minute to combine. Remove from heat.
- When the asparagus is done. Remove from the oven.
- Slice the steaks and serve them topped with the raspberry pomegranate sauce and the asparagus on the side.
For more Valentine’s Day recipes and gifts, check out:
A Sexy Valentine’s Day Menu With 7 Aphrodisiac Foods
10 Sexy Valentine’s Day Ideas To Make Your Partner Melt
8 Tips For The Perfect Friends’ Valentine’s Day Brunch
Alternative “Sweets” to the Valentine’s Day Treat
You Make My Heart Beet Brownies
By: Alyssa Granado, Dietetic Intern