Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. I personally believe that EVERY day should be a day of love, right?!? However, it’s always nice to go that extra mile to let people know you are thinking and care about them. Make the day extra special for your significant other with these 10 Sexy Valentine’s Day Ideas To Make Your Partner Melt.
- Aphrodisiac dinner. Make an aphrodisiac dinner using foods that are a sure fit to increase those love hormones. Here’s a 3-course easy menu: A Sexy Valentine’s Day Menu with 7 Aphrodisiac Foods
- Enjoy an indoor picnic. The weather isn’t always accommodating this time of year. So throw a blanket down and enjoy a picnic inside with some charcuterie, cheese, wine or champagne, and fruit. If you don’t have a fire place, put that yule log on your TV or computer to add to the ambiance.
- Massage parlor. Who doesn’t love a good rub down? Bust out the oil and give your partner a shoulder, back, and leg massage. It’s a nice little workout for you, too.
- Bubble bath time with candles to set the mood. This is a really affordable and romantic way to enjoy a warm evening. Full of “clean” fun.
- Movie and Delivery. Many times, the best nights are the nights spent at home. Cozy on up together on the couch with a warm blanket. Watch a movie and order delivery so you don’t have to cook or clean. Choose a movie that gets you in the mood for romance.
- Plan a mini adventure. Spending time together is what love is about. Go for a hike. Do some site-seeing in your own town. Go to a place of interest that you’ve both been talking about going to but haven’t yet. Day trips are so much fun.
- Coupon books. Make a coupon book with 10 coupons containing little favors. The favors can be anything from house chores like taking out the trash to a more sexually driven type of coupon. When your partner gives you the coupon, time to “pay” up. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Heart-shaped food. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape your food before serving it. I’ve even seen people turn their over-easy eggs into a heart. Super cute.
- Non-sweet treats. Want to shy away from sweets and treats? Check out these Alternative “sweets” to the Valentine’s Day Treat ideas for waistline-friendly options.
- Nothing. Do absolutely nothing and stay in bed all day! That’s right. We tend to go, go, go, and do, do, do. How luxurious is it to just stay in bed all day long, relax, chill, and order in? You don’t even have to go to a hotel for this one. You can do this in your own home. (Just send the kids to Grandma’s house). Think of it like a stay-cation and enjoy wearing your robes or nothing all day long.
Have a wonderful weekend full of love, laughter, and good times. Or better yet – continue to do these 10 ideas throughout the year and keep the love doctor going strong.
Comment below and let me know what’s on your Valentine’s Day menu.
For more Valentine’s Day recipes and gifts, check out:
A Sexy Valentine’s Day Menu With 7 Aphrodisiac Foods
8 Tips For The Perfect Friends’ Valentine’s Day Brunch
Alternative “Sweets” to the Valentine’s Day Treat
You Make My Heart Beet Brownies
Aphrodisiac Honey-Balsamic Marinated Steaks with Raspberry Pomegranate Sauce
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN