Oatmeal cups with yogurt and fruit sounds so gourmet yet they are really easy to make. In fact, cooking the oatmeal like this actually makes a granola, so you can use this recipe to make homemade granola, too. It’s so simple.
You can make the oatmeal cups ahead of time so that when you are in a rush in the morning, you just grab a cup, fill it with yogurt and fruit, and you have a perfectly well-balanced breakfast.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- Fruit for toppings like blueberries, raspberries, and kiwi
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Add in the coconut oil and agave. Stir well to combine.
Put about 2-3 Tbsp of the mixture into 10 of the muffin tin cups.
Using a shot glass, press the bottom and sides of the oats to make a “cup.” The harder you press, the more compact and condensed the cups will become.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let cool. Once the cups are completely cool, use a fork to carefully remove them from the muffin tin.
Fill each cup with about 2 Tbsp of yogurt and top with the fruit. Serve. If any of the cups break, you can use the cooked oatmeal as granola. It’s delicious on its own!