Add an ethnic and zesty flair to your next dinner party with this North African Cauliflower Salad with Chermoula Sauce. Chermoula sauce is a traditional Moroccan marinade packed with generous amounts of cilantro, garlic, and lemon. While it is typically used to dress meat and fish, its bright flavors can complement more bland foods, such as cauliflower. Mixed with a blend of carrots and raisins to enhance the natural sweetness of the vegetables, this dish will be sure to spice up any meal.
- 2 lbs cauliflower, cored and cut into 2-inch florets
- ½ red onion, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- For the chermoula sauce:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange cauliflower and onion on a sheet pan or roasting pan.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly charred at the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, shred the carrots and prepare the chermoula sauce.
- Process all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Gently toss the roasted vegetables, carrots, raisins, and cilantro with chermoula sauce in a large bowl until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve and enjoy.
For a fabulous Roasting Pan, check out this Cuisinart Stainless Steel Roasting Pan with a Rack.
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!