I just love fresh salsa and using a sweet mango in this Mango Avocado Cucumber Salsa recipe elevates the salsa to a whole new level.
Mangos are in season right now and a perfect addition to your salsa needs.
*Color doesn’t matter – the color of the mango doesn’t indicate its ripeness – so don’t worry if the mango is orange, red, yellow, or green. Because there are so many different varietals, you’ll get different colors of mango all the time.
*Slightly Squeeze the Mango – a ripe mango will be slightly softer and have a slight give when gently squeezed. A medium-ripe mango will be firmer. An unripe mango will be very firm to the touch.
*Smell It – sometimes ripe mangos will have a fruity aroma by their stems. You can smell the mango to enjoy its lovely fragrance.
*If You Need to Ripen the Mango – have no fear if your mango is unripe. Once you buy it, you can place it in a paper bag and it will ripen faster.
Why This Recipe Rocks:
This recipe provides sweetness from the mango. Tartness from the lime juice. Creaminess from the avocado. Crunch from the cucumber. A little heat from the jalapeno. All the flavors just blend together with that perfect Wow factor to elevate any dish.
Pair the Mango Avocado Cucumber Salsa with:
*Tacos – fill the tacos with ground beef, chicken, pork, fish, tofu, or beans
*Wraps – add the salsa to a wrap filled with chicken or tuna and you have a fantastic lunch
*Salads – substitute the salsa for your standard salad dressing and you’ll get even more fruits and vegetables into your daily routine
*Grain Bowls – pick a grain like brown rice, black rice, or quinoa. Add a bean/legume. Add a vegetable. Top with the salsa. For more grain bowl recipe ideas, check out this past post: Vegan Cauliflower Black Bean and Quinoa Grain Bowl
*Baked Potato – baked potatoes pair perfectly with salsa
*Any Protein of Choice – fish, pork, chicken, steak, eggs, or tofu all taste divine with this salsa – and you can cook the proteins any way you want (grilled, baked, roasted, broiled, sauteed)
This recipe provides 12% of your daily Fiber needs giving you 3 grams of fiber per serving.
And 50% of your daily Vitamin C needs.
Check out the video on How to make Mango Avocado Cucumber Salsa.
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, and diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed, deseeded, and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Serve with:
- Grain Bowls
- Baked Potato
- Over any protein such as fish, pork, chicken, steak, eggs, or tofu
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Serve immediately or let chill for 30 minutes for the flavors to soak up.
- Serve with chips, tacos, salads, grain bowls, baked potato, or over any protein such as fish, pork, chicken, steak, or tofu.
- *Pro-Tip: This salsa is very versatile and can be used with so many different foods. Any food you think you would want to have a salsa with, enjoy this Mango, Avocado, Cucumber Salsa. Your heart will be content and satisfied.
For more mouthwatering Mango Salsa recipes, check out:
- Mango Salsa 3 Ways
- Roasted Mango Salsa
- Tomato Chive and Mango Salsa
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Lemon, Black Pepper and Mango Salsa
- Grilled Avocado Stuffed with Grilled Mango Salsa
- Mango.org – a great resource for more recipes and information.
By Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
*I partnered with National Mango Board because I’m such a fan of Mango and am excited to share with everyone how I include mango in my daily meals and food routine.