I can’t dream of a better morning than waking up to the smell of pancakes cooking on the skillet. Even better, these Gluten-Free Tahini Banana Oat Pancakes are packed with nutrients. They are high in protein and healthy fats and fiber to keep you satisfied throughout your morning.
I am a huge nut butter girl, but tahini is a whole other realm. I like to think of it as a fancy peanut butter made from sesame seeds. Its bitter notes, mixed with the sweetness from the banana, complements the pancakes exquisitely. This is definitely a deliciously fulfilling meal that seems like a treat.
*I even share how to make your own oat flour – it’s so easy if you use a Vitamix. It takes about 1 minute to blend!
- *If making your own oat flour - use 1 cup GF rolled oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- ½ cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil for the skillet
- Toppings (Optional):
- Sliced bananas
- Nut butter of choice
- Oat Flour: I like to make my own by blending my oats in my Vitamix. I use about 1 cup of GF rolled oats and blend until desired consistency and take out a ½ cup of the freshly made oat flour.
- Pancakes: In a medium size bowl mix the dry ingredients together: oat flour, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together: mashed banana, egg, vanilla, tahini, and oat milk (or other plant-based milk).
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Heat the skillet on medium high with the coconut oil and add your pancake mix. (heat for 1-2 minutes until bubbling then flip) and repeat.
- Top with sliced bananas and your nut butter of choice.
For more delicious breakfast options, check out:
Breakfast Brain Food Ideas
5 Egg Breakfast Recipes in Under 5 Minutes
4 Fast Grab-N-Go Breakfast Ideas for School
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!