While I’m a huge advocate of fresh, homemade food. Sometimes, we are in a pinch. We didn’t have time to go to the grocery store. It’s late and everyone is tired and starving. We need dinner to be on the table in less than 15 minutes. So what are our options?
We can use frozen food to make a nutritious, well-balanced, healthy meal while incorporating protein and veggies. Enjoy this quick & easy Frozen Fiesta Stir-Fry Madness with Turkey Meatballs recipe. And celebrate March for it’s National Frozen Food Month.
- 1 package frozen brown rice
- 1 small bag of frozen vegetables
- 8 frozen turkey meatballs (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp Mirin sauce
- Cooking spray
- Red Pepper Chili Flakes to taste
Cook the frozen brown rice in the microwave according to the directions on the box.
- Over medium heat, spray a large pan or wok with cooking spray.
- Combine the vegetables, meatballs, soy sauce, vinegar, and Mirin in the pan.
- Cover. Stir Occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes. Serve.
For more recipes using frozen veggies, check out:
Easy Paella Recipe (using frozen peas)
Kimchi Fried Rice (using frozen broccoli)
Healthy and Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie (using frozen peas)
Here’s a link to my favorite Wok. It’s made of carbon steel and it’s easy to clean.
**There are affiliate links in this post and I will be compensated if you buy the products using these links BUT there is no extra charge to you!