While I’m a huge advocate of fresh, homemade food. Sometimes, we are in a pinch. We didn’t have time to go to the grocery store. It’s late and everyone is tired and starving. We need dinner to be on the table in less than 15 minutes. So what are our options? A well-balanced meal which I call the “Frozen Fiesta.” This meal is made entirely from food found in the freezer and it is delicious and nutritious. The dish is healthy, well-balanced, and contains your protein, carbohydrates, and colorful vegetables. March is National Frozen Food Month, so enjoy your Frozen Fiesta Stir-Fry Madness with Turkey Meatballs recipe.
- 1 package frozen brown rice
- 1 small bag of frozen vegetables
- 8 frozen turkey meatballs (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp Mirin sauce
- Cooking spray
- Red Pepper Chili Flakes to taste
Cook the frozen brown rice in the microwave according to the directions on the box.
- Over medium heat, spray a large pan or wok with cooking spray.
- Combine the vegetables, meatballs, soy sauce, vinegar, and Mirin in the pan.
- Cover. Stir Occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes. Serve.