Ceviche – Classic Peruvian Fish Recipe
Author: Yuric's Recipe modified by Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Appetizer, Entree
- 1 pound of white fish, fresh, skinless, boneless
- ½ cup – ¾ cup lime juice from Key Limes
- 1 Tbsp chili paste (if want less spicy, use less chili paste)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp nonfat or skim evaporated milk
- 6 Tbsp fish stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 sweet potato, boiled, sliced
- 1 white corn on cob, boiled and removed from cob
- Mix the chili paste, garlic, and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside. Slice the red onion into thin strips and set aside.
- Cut the fish into 1 inch cubes and put in a bowl. In the same bowl as the fish, add the salt and lime juice. Stir slightly (but not too much because you don’t want to break the fish). Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Add the fish stock, chili paste mixture, and evaporated milk to the fish. Add the onions. Stir slightly to mix (do not over mix because you don’t want to break the fish). Let sit for 3-4 minutes. On a plate, put the fish mixture (about 4 ounces of fish per person) in the center.
- Surround with 2 sliced of the cooked sweet potato and 2 Tbsp of the corn. Delicious!
Serving size: 4 ounces fish, 2 slices sweet potatoes, 2 Tbsp corn Calories: 158.9 Fat: 1.1 Saturated fat: 0.2 Carbohydrates: 14.9 Sugar: 4.0 Sodium: 139.5 Fiber: 1.7 Protein: 22.7 Cholesterol: 49.3