Basil, Havarti, and Blueberry Chicken Roll-Ups is a unique recipe inspired by the Blueberry Council.
I love spring and summertime when fresh blueberries are abundant.
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Wondra quick-mixing flour for sauce and gravy
- Heat the oven to 400° Bake. Slice the chicken breasts in half down the side (so they are thinner) and pound out the chicken with a mallet. Make the chicken thin, about ¼”.
- Slice the blueberries in half. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the blueberries on top of the chicken.
- Add 2-3 basil leaves. Place ½ a slice of Havarti cheese on top of the basil. Roll up the chicken and tie with kitchen twine.
Do this process for each chicken breast so you’ll have 8 chicken roll-ups. Spray a roasting pan with olive oil. Place the chicken on it and spray the chicken with the olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken roll-ups.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the chicken reads 165° with a thermometer.
- While the chicken is baking in the oven, make the gravy. In a small pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add a little bit of the flour and mix with a whisk. Continue to add the flour using a whisk. Bring back up to a boil until it thickens. Take off the stove.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the oven. Take off the twine.
- Serve 1 chicken roll-up with 3 Tablespoons of gravy. Enjoy with Roasted Potatoes and a Spring Spinach Salad.