This is my favorite recipe for Applesauce Banana Muffins & Bread.
We enjoy the muffins with yogurt or a glass of milk for a well-rounded breakfast.
For an on-the-go breakfast option, grab a muffin and eat it with some string cheese for protein.
The muffins are also fabulous as snacks at school or after school. Making mini-muffins is fun, too, if you want a smaller muffin for a quick pre-workout snack.
These muffins are also so simple to make! I’ve made them with 3 and 4 year olds. Xitlalli, who is 9-years old, shows us how to make these easy Applesauce Banana Muffins & Bread in this video.
During the holidays, I use mini-loaf pans to make delicious gifts for my friends, family, and colleagues. Wrap the bread in saran wrap, add a ribbon, and include a copy of the recipe for a healthy and tasty gift.
I’ve also substituted Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour for a gluten-free version and the muffins/bread have been wonderful. There are so many options for this incredible recipe. Enjoy!
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour*
- *I've also substituted Pamela's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour for a gluten-free version
- Preheat the oven to 350° Bake.
- Place the bananas and sugar in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- While the bananas and sugar are standing, I prep the other ingredients by measuring them out.
- Add the applesauce and eggs and beat well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a muffin tin coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- *If using a mini-muffin pan, bake for only 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack.
For more delicious and super easy bread/muffin recipes, check out:
Healthy Zucchini Carrot Muffins
3-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN