Quick and easy to prepare, oatmeal is one of the best foods that can easily be customized to your preferences depending on what your taste buds are feeling that day.
Get your kids hooked on oatmeal with these fun and colorful designs.
The added fruits will add an extra nutritious boost to their morning breakfast.
Here are 5 Ways To Dress Up Your Oatmeal.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- Assorted fruits and nuts for toppings:
- Boil water in a small pot. Add dry rolled oats and stir occasionally. Cook for 1 minute on medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
To make the Owl:
- Take an almond and lay it vertically in the middle of the bowl.
- Slice strawberries, bananas, and kiwis.
- To the left and right of the almond, lay 2 slices of strawberries for the wings.
- Under the almond, lay 2 pieces of kiwi for the chest feathers.
- Above the almond, lay 2 slices of bananas for the eyes and top them with blueberries.
To make the Bird:
- Take a slice of strawberry and lay it in the center.
- For the wings, use 2 sliced kiwis and put them on to the left and right side of the strawberry.
- Finally, use 2 blueberries for the eyes.
To make the Cat:
- Use a slice of banana as the nose and this will be the middle point.
- Take 6 almonds and arrange them around the banana; 3 on each side for the whiskers.
- Use 2 blueberries for eyes.
- Place 2 slices of strawberries at the top for ears.
To make the Bear:
- Take 3 slices of banana and lay them around the edge of the bowl equal distance apart for the ears and mouth.
- Take 2 blueberries and place them in the middle for the eyes.
- Take a 3rd blueberry and place it on top of the bottom most banana slice as the nose.
To make the Star:
- Place one slice of banana in the middle of your oatmeal.
- Take 5 slices of strawberries and arrange them around the banana.
- Place blueberries between the tips of the strawberries.
For more breakfast recipes, check out Top 5 Breakfast Ideas to Perfectly Fuel Yourself.