Chicken Tortas – The Latin Sandwich
30 Minute Meals, Autumn, Cooking Methods, Course, Cuisine, Health and Diet, Latin, Low-Sugar, Lunch, Main Dish, Meals, Recipes, Sandwich, Season, Spring, Summer, Type of Dish, Uncooked, Winter
Chicken Tortas: The Latin Sandwich
Tortas are a great way to spice up the standard sandwich. I love the Latin-flare that tortas provide and the flavors are incredible. Here’s my healthy twist on the standard torta.
Author: Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Sandwich, Lunch
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I use leftover chicken from a rotisserie or roasted chicken)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups salsa (you can make it from scratch or use a bottled salsa)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 8 slices red onion
- 4 slices Jarlsberg Lite cheese
- 4 bolillos or French bread rolls (you can also use Colombo sliced sweet sandwich rolls)
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken, chili powder, cumin powder, and 1 cup of salsa.
- Slice the onion, radishes, and chop the lettuce. Slice the cheese in half.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on the bread. Add ¼ of the chicken mixture to each roll.
- Add 2 slices of red onion, ¼ slices of the radishes.
- Add ¼ of the chopped lettuce to each roll.
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup of salsa over the sandwich. Buen Provecho!
Serving size: 1 Sandwich Calories: 408 Fat: 6.7 Saturated fat: 2.6 Carbohydrates: 46.9 Sugar: 6.3 Sodium: 439.5 Fiber: 4.7 Protein: 40.8 Cholesterol: 69.5
Never Miss The Fiesta
Get 10 Snacks To Fuel & Energize You (it's FREE)!