This is the best Crunchy Chinese Cabbage Salad recipe! The last tail-gating party we went to, we brought it with us and one of our guy friends said, “I never knew cabbage could taste so good!” And he continued to eat 3 bowls of it.
Crunchy Chinese Cabbage Salad is always a hit at parties and events. It’s really easy to prep and make ahead of time. You can also add chicken to this for additional protein or to make it a main meal. This recipe is vegan.
- 1 Cabbage
- 6 Green Onions
- 1 packet of Saimin (top ramen) w/ seasoning packet - I use oriental flavor
- 1 8-oz bag of Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Sesame Oil
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- Wash and chop the cabbage and green onions.
- Spray a pan with a cooking spray and cook the saimin (top ramen) noodles + seasoning packet, sliced almonds, and sesame seeds.
- Cook until crispy and a little browned, but not burnt.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve immediately so the saimin, almonds and sesame seeds don't get soggy.
- ***If you are planning on taking this to a party, put the chopped cabbage + green onions in a giant Ziploc bag. After the crunchy mix of Saimin, almonds, and sesame seeds cool, put those is another Ziploc bag. Keep the dressing in a separate container. At the party, toss all 3 bags/containers together and serve!
- ***I usually prep this ahead and bring it to my events separated so nothing gets soggy.
For more cabbage salad recipes, check out:
Vegan Red Cabbage and Carrot Slaw