The Essential Cookbook For Men Review and Moroccan-Style Chickpeas With Farro Recipe
Lip-smacking delicious! I was so excited to get an exclusive sneak preview of Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD, latest book, The Essential Cookbook For Men, with 85 healthy recipes to get started in the kitchen. In addition, I have a mouthwatering recipe to share with you all. Here is The Essential Cookbook for Men Review and Moroccan-Style Chickpeas with Farro Recipe. Time to get your taste buds salivating.
First off, this book isn’t just for men. It’s for all people who want to eat antioxidant-rich, scrumptious food to live a healthy life. The book starts off with the basics needed in the kitchen including standard kitchen utensils, like storage containers, knives, and pots. In addition, it shares pantry essentials like herbs, spices, frozen, and canned goods. Next, you have a guide on how to grocery shop. Being an incredible dietitian, Manuel gives tips on portion sizes and how to use leftovers. Last of all, there are recipes galore, my favorite part.
Enjoy recipes for breakfast, lunch (including sandwiches, soups, and bowls), snacks, dinner, sides, salads, and dessert. You have a complete menu to keep you satisfied and satiated. The recipes are full of colors of the rainbow from a variety of vegetables and fruits to optimize your health and wellness. They are super easy to make and meant for people who may not have time to cook in the kitchen or tend to dine-out/get delivery often. This is a culinary crash course cookbook with flavorful, gourmet, easy-to-make recipes perfect for anyone.
The book is currently available for pre-order on Amazon and officially launches on 12/17/19. Check it out.
Here is a vegan recipe that takes only 18 minutes to prep and 18 minutes to cook.
Moroccan-Style Chickpeas with Farro
- ¾ cup dry farro
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots (2 medium carrots)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup prunes, sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Cook farro in boiling water as instructed on the package, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, cauliflower, and carrots, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, stock, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the prunes, walnuts, and farro, and cook uncovered for another minute, mixing well. Serve.
Get your copy of The Essential Cookbook For Men today! Cheers to Manuel’s masterpiece.
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
*I received a free copy of the book. All thoughts and beliefs are my own. I was not compensated in any other way for this post.
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.