Red, White, and Blue Toast
Get your Stars and Stripes going this 4th of July season with this simple Red, White, and Blue Toast recipe.
The blueberries symbolize the stars. The banana and strawberries symbolize the stripes. Being festive for holidays is fun and easy.
Enjoy the toast for breakfast along with some eggs or yogurt. You can also have it as an afternoon snack or appetizer at a barbecue or party.
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 banana
- 2 strawberries
- 24 blueberries
- Toast the bread. Spread the cream cheese on the bread.
- Place two rows of 3 blueberries on each slice of bread in the top, left-hand corner. These are the stars.
- Slice the strawberries in slices and then half those slices.
- Slice the banana in rounds and then half the rounds.
- Make a top row of strawberry slices. The next row will be banana slices. Third row is more strawberry slices. Final row are banana slices. These are the stripes.
For more festive 4th of July recipes, check out:
Happy 4th of July!
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.