Grilled Pevre Fish Tacos
30 Minute Meals, 4th of July/Bar-B-Que, Cooking Methods, Course, Cuisine, Dinner, Gluten-Free, Grilling, Health and Diet, Holiday, Latin, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar, Lunch, Main Dish, Meals, Menu Ideas, Recipes, Sauce, Season, Spring, Summer, Type of Dish
Grilled Pevre Fish Tacos
Happy Fourth of July! A few loves of mine: chips & salsa and grilled fish! This recipe for Pevre salsa is fantastic for eating with chips, too. My dear friend, Mark Almanza, originally introduced me to Pevre salsa. He made it when he was in Chile. Pevre is a pureed Chilean salsa so easy to make. I also love grilled fish! You can grill the fish or cook it on the stove. Making tacos is really fun for 4th of July because it’s different than the regular burger and it seems so gourmet when it is truly super simple. I enjoy my fish tacos with a red cabbage slaw. The green colors from the Pevre salsa pop with the purple/red color from the cabbage and the orange from the carrot. The dish looks exquisite. Make the Pevre salsa and salad dressing ahead for a super easy cooking experience with the tacos! I’m talking about dinner ready in minutes! Click HERE for the recipe for the red cabbage salad.
Author: Sarah Koszyk & Mark Almanza
Recipe type: Entree, Appetizer, Fish Dish
- Pevre Salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, ripped
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Taco Ingredients:
- 1 pound Tilapia or other type of white fish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- Place all pevre sauce ingredients into a food processor and puree into a thin sauce.
- If NOT using a grill, heat medium pan over medium heat, spritzing with cooking spray. Salt & pepper fish on each side.
- Place fish in pan or over grill and cook on one side for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for about 3 minutes. If using a stove, cook fish with a lid on. Fish is done once there is no pink in the middle. While fish is cooking, heat small pan and heat tortillas without any cooking spray, about 25 seconds on each side. (If you have a gas stove, I just place my corn tortillas directly over the flame and burner). You can also heat the tortillas on a grill.
- Place about 2 oz of fish on each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of pevre sauce.
Serving size: 2 tacos Calories: 257.5 Fat: 5.3 Saturated fat: 1.4 Carbohydrates: 27.8 Sugar: 3.2 Sodium: 86.9 Fiber: 4.8 Protein: 26.7 Cholesterol: 56.7
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.