Crockpot African Peanut Potato Stew
This sweet and savory Crockpot African Peanut Potato Stew is easy to make and takes minimal effort. All you need to do is chop all of the ingredients. Throw it in the slow cooker. It will be done after you come back from a long day’s work. The cumin, cinnamon, and paprika in the recipe bring a wow factor to you taste buds with spicy, sweet, and savory all mixed in one.
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- 3 ½ lbs sweet potatoes
- 15 oz canned garbanzo beans
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups spinach
- Mince the garlic.
- Using a food processor, puree tomatoes, cilantro, peanut butter, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and salt.
- In a crockpot, combine tomato-peanut butter puree with the sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Chop spinach. Add the spinach during the last 30 minutes. Serve with extra spinach on top if desired.
Never Miss The Fiesta
Get 10 Snacks To Fuel & Energize You (it's FREE)!