Cooking the Basics: Roasted Chicken
American, Autumn, Blog, Christmas, Cooking Methods, Course, Cuisine, Dinner, Easter, Gluten-Free, Health and Diet, Holiday, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar, Main Dish, Meals, Menu Ideas, One-Pot Meals, Recipes, Roasting, Season, Thanksgiving, Type of Dish, Winter
Basics: Roasted Chicken
The basic roasted chicken from scratch is such an Easy recipe. I love to roast chickens on a Sunday, serve dinner, and then use the leftover meat for sandwiches, enchiladas, burritos, salads, pastas, and anything else I can think of with chicken. The ideas are limitless. I also use the bones to make a broth for Any type of soup! Here’s a link to my Grandma’s amazing chicken soup! This is a great one-pot meal.
Author: Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Entree, One-Pot Meal
- 4-5 pound Chicken
- 2 Lemons
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
- 3 Carrots, peeled
- 3 Russet Potatoes, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees bake. Rinse off the chicken in water and remove the package inside. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Put the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Slice the lemons and place them inside the chicken and around the chicken on the rack.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Slice the potatoes into 4-6 big chunks. Cut the ends off the carrots. In a bowl, mix the carrots and potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Place the potatoes and the carrots around the chicken on the rack, too. These will be roasted, too, and will be used to serve with the chicken so you have a complete meal in one pot.
- Bake a 4 pound chicken for 90 minutes. Bake a 4 ¼ pound chicken for 100 minutes. Bake a 4 ½ pound chicken for 110 minutes. Bake a 4 ¾ pound chicken for 120 minutes. Bake a 5 pound chicken for 130 minutes.
Serving size: 4 oz Calories: 120 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: o.5 Carbohydrates: 1 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 550 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25 Cholesterol: 65
Never Miss The Fiesta
Get 10 Snacks To Fuel & Energize You (it's FREE)!