Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Warm, creamy, and delicious: this Chicken Gnocchi Soup is easily made at home any time of the year. With this recipe, you’ll have a comforting dish that’ll warm your heart and soul. You can add more spinach to your soup to boost your intake of Vitamin A and Iron.
- 1lb chicken breast (rotisserie chicken is desired)
- 1 package potato gnocchi
- ¼ cup All-Purpose flour
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the carrots. Dice the onions. Mince the garlic. Using a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Dice the chicken and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
- Remove chicken, add carrots, onions, and garlic to the pot and cook. Cook until onions are translucent. Slowly mix in all of the flour.
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until it thickens up.
- In a separate pot, begin to cook the gnocchi according to the package’s instructions.
- Stir in milk into the chicken broth and vegetable mix. Bring to a boil. Add in the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Once it the soup is boiling, lower the heat and add the gnocchi, cooked chicken, and spinach. Allow the soup to simmer and thicken for about 10-15 minutes.
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.