Baked Salmon Burgers
30 Minute Meals, American, Autumn, Baking, Course, Cuisine, Dinner, Health and Diet, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar, Lunch, Main Dish, Meals, Recipes, Sandwich, Season, Spring, Summer, Type of Dish, Winter
Baked Salmon Burgers
Salmon Burgers are fantastic for you and a great way to get your Omega 3s in! Omega 3s can assist with increasing brain health, reducing internal inflammation, improving heart health, and more. I use canned salmon for simplicity (and it’s cheap). By baking these burgers, you cut down on the calories. I like to eat my salmon burgers with a quick tomato salad: sliced tomato, sliced red onion, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar tossed together. Fast & Easy & Delicious!
Author: Sarah Koszyk
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Burgers
- 2 6 ½ ounce cans of Salmon, drained well
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs (or you can make your own using 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted, and coarsely chopped in a food processor)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 Sandwich Thins
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion for toppings of burger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop parsley and shallot. Combine diced shallot, parsley, and the remaining ingredients (minus sandwich thins) into a large bowl and mix with hands to ensure everything to be evenly incorporated.
- Mold mixture into 4 patties, approximately 3 inches wide and ¾ inch thick.
- Cover a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with a cooking spray. (This helps with easy clean-up). Place uncooked burgers onto the baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. To make sure burgers are done, check middle of each burger with a fork for no bright pink in the middle. Cook an additional 5 minutes if middle is still bright pink, continuing to do so until done. Serve on a toasted sandwich thin (I like my bread toasted) with whatever burger toppings you’d like. Because the salmon has already been seasoned so well, you may not need a condiment on your bun. Yes: they are that delicious.
- I also eat mine with a tomato salad.
Serving size: 1 burger Calories: 345.7 Fat: 8.5 Saturated fat: 1.5 Carbohydrates: 32.3 Sugar: 1.5 Sodium: 744.3 Fiber: 5.0 Protein: 35.3 Cholesterol: 116.5
Subscribe to Get 10 Snacks to Fuel & Energize You PDF
Get our nutrition newsletter & instant access to the free PDF.