5 Mother’s Day Presents From The Heart
Mother’s Day is coming up this weekend! Sadly, I won’t be able to see my mom since she’s far away. However, I’ll be spending the wonderful day with my mother-in-law and my sister’s-in-law. Being surrounded by women you love, adore, and admire is a pure pleasure I’m looking forward to. (this photo is my mother-in-law, Mary, my husband, Tomas, his sister, Margherit, and his dad, CJ).
Not all of us have the opportunity to spend time with our mom’s on this special day. Making sure the important women in our lives know how much we cherish them is a must.
Here are 5 fabulous Mother’s Day presents from the heart.
- Write an Homage. In addition to your basic card, write an homage to your mom letting her specifically know how she affected your life for the better. I wrote a post last year for the world to see how my mom was an angel and always made sure I had the best opportunities growing up. Homages are simple yet powerful ways to show your appreciation.
- Cook a Feast. Family. Food. Fiesta. is all about spending time and eating a meal together. Make your mom’s favorite meal for her. Make it with love. Enjoy one another’s company and bring laughter to the table. Creating memories is so powerful and lifelong-lasting.
- 365 Notes Of Love. Get an old pickle jar (or any big jar). Wash it. Decoupage it. Cover it with glitter. Decorate it however you want. Make 365 little mini notes of love so your mom can pull out 1 note every day of the year. The notes can read things like: “I’m thinking of you today” “1 free hug today” “Remember when we __________(fill in the blank)” This present takes time. It took me about 6 hours! My mom still has this jar and she recycles the notes every year to continue the loving thoughts flowing. Think of it like a jar filled with fortune cookie notes dedicated to your mom.
- Scrapbook. What better way to compile special moments and memories into one present than a scrapbook? The scrapbook can be simple! Start it off and fill it with just 3-4 pages of photos including a description. The description is where you can write how you feel and express your gratitude. Find easy scrapbooking materials and ideas HERE.
- Plan An Adventure. Make a homemade “gift card” which describes a fun day to be spent together. The adventure day can include a walk through a park with a picnic. A drive up the coast stopping at a cute café. Shopping together for 1 small present of choice. The point of the gift card is to make a date to spend time together. Making memories is priceless. (this is a photo with my cousin, Brett, myself, my mom, my sister-in-law, Sharon, my auntie, Susan, and my other cousin, Jill. Hanging out and getting our nails done).
Creativity on Mother’s Day makes the gifts extra special. Time to get artistic and express all your thanks and love.
***Remember, Mother’s Day is more than just telling your mom how grateful you are for her. Mother’s Day is about celebrating all the women in our lives who have touched our hearts and souls and helped guide our own journeys. Reach out to those women you know and spread the love of celebrating the “mom.”
What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Share them in the comments below.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the women I’ve met in my life. You have helped make me the person I am today! Thank you!!! Muchisimos Besos!
Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
Never Miss The Fiesta
Get 10 Snacks To Fuel & Energize You (it's FREE)!